Saturday, March 6, 2010

Who Do You Think You Are???

I don't mean that in a rude way!! It's the name of a new show on NBC and I think I love it! There are several celebrities featured that will research and visit the orgins of their ancestors because let's face it.. Nobody wants to watch a show about regular folks' journey to find their own history!! Ok well I may still be interested, LOL It's just interesting to me because they find out the REAL story of their heritage. Most people aren't so lucky. These days people say oh I'm Irish or German or French and leave at that without knowing the "whole deal" ;)

Anyways, last night it was Sarah Jessica Parker's journey and she found out some really interesting info. All sorts of stuff like a great, great, great grandfather (give or take a great) being involved in the California gold rush and another ancestor (female) getting tangled up in the Salem witch trials. Next week is going to be about Emmitt Smith, I'll add a preview video to view...

Maybe it's because I'm already so intrigued by this stuff but I really enjoyed the first episode. If you like stuff like this too check it out! Some of the celebrities coming up are Brooke Shields, Susan Sarandon, Lisa Kudrow and several more....

2 comments:

Daun said...

Hey,
I saw it last night and liked the show too. Although SJP annoyed me with her hand and mouth jesters. I would have liked to see how far back they really could have traced her line, like going over to England and also following the females line who married the men. But I guess that would take up more than an hour long show and take a long time to research. Still would be interesting though. I guess I will have to add this show to my viewing lineup.

Krystin said...

Darn! I'm sad I missed the first episode. I heard Lisa Kudrow talking about it on the radio and wanted to watch it. I'll have to look and see when it's on here so I can record it. I doubt Adam will watch it with me!