Monday, March 29, 2010

DWTS: Remembering dance steps NOT required.

This is the second night of dancing for round 2 and the first couple will be eliminated tomorrow night. The couples are either doing the foxtrot or jive tonight. And first up doing the jive is Shannen and Mark..... I hope she doesn't break out in hives from doing the jive!! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!! I couldn't resist... Shannen's nerves were SO improved tonight. The only thing I could look at during their dance was her messy footwork though, Len agreed :) 7-6-7=20

Up next is Aiden & Edyta doing the foxtrot. Aiden shows us {in his rehearsal footage} that he is kind of a jerk! Edyta is just trying to teach him the steps and he downright loses his patience. I feel like he may have some anger issues. All of this makes me have zero interest in him or watching him dance, plus he did crappy! 7-6-6=19

Evan & Anna- Their jive was super energetic!! They seem to be one of the few couples who are actually getting  along. The fueding couples thing seems to be a theme tonight. 8-8-8=24

On a side note, they changed the boxes that come up on the screen while they do the scores.DWTS must have been listening to my previous complaints!! j/k It is much more pleasing to the eye though ;)


Niecy & Louis- I just have to say I hate when they put the girl in pink and her partner in maroon. Since when did those colors 'go' together?! What about gray or brown?? Oh yeah... the dance was really good too, nice improvement Niecy!! As long as Louis can "speak food" to Niecy she can understand the steps better. 7-7-7=21

Jake & Chelsie- Their jive was actually really good! I don't mean to sound so surprised but I guess I was tired of seeing Jake from the Bachelor. So his hard work training and determination is paying off because he was impressive in his dance skills! p.s. was Vienna there? Because if they showed her I missed it.... 6-7-7=20

Buzz & Ashly- Aww, they're dancing to 'Fly Me to the Moon', how cute is that?! The props and song were all sweet but the dancing was pretty uncomfortable to watch. 4-4-4=12

Nicole & Derek- It feels so unfair for her to be a contestant on this show. I know PCD aren't exactly ballroom dancing on stage but it's choreography all the same! I am just NOT on board with Nicole, she totally has the advantage coming in with choreography knowledge. 10-8-10=28

Erin & Maks- Erin {unlike Nicole} is the perfect candidate for the show. She doesn't have a dancing background but yet there is still potential for her to become a good dancer. Her and Maks were one of those couples that were bickering during their rehearsal too. I think that is just the partner history with him though, everyone else seemed to have some serious communication issues. 8-7-8=23

Pamela & Damian- They did a foxtrot that was really romantic and Marilyn Monroe inspired. They made Pamela look really pretty tonight too (with the Marilyn hair do). This was so toned down compared to their cha cha and surprisingly nice to watch. 7-7-8=22

Ochocinco & Cheryl- First off, Cheryl gets my vote for WORST dress of the night. It has some weird sculptural thing over her right boob, I don't get it... I thought the dance was really nice although he looked a bit stiff. The judges on the other hand hated it! Also, I think I spied him giving Cheryl a kiss at one point during the dance. The dance steps brought them face to face and he planted one her lips, that's what it looked like to me! p.s. I would love to know what Cheryl whispered to him after their dance ended... 6-5-5=16
You can see Ochocinco is NOT pleased with his dance or those scores.....

Kate & Tony- I think it's safe to say they didn't save the BEST for last. Yikes all the drama makes for good tv but bad dancing! The rehearsal footage gave us a glimpse of Kate..... being Kate! Poor Tony :( She was busting his balls for not teaching her the "right" way. Like he said, he dances/teaches for a living so he may not be the one in the wrong. He even threatened to quit! He then came back and apologized which I'm sure the producers forced him to do that!! He was probably happy to quit and go home to his loving wife and kids!! LOL

Anywho, as far as the dancing..... it was awful!!! She must have literally forgotten all of the stpes before she went out. Again, I was left feeling sorry only for Tony. He dances his butt off and she was shammin' BIG time!! She needs to go but probably won't be yet. While I'm on 'Kate Hate Soap Box', I'm sick of seeing her phony plastered smile during her dances. Someone along the way told her to keep smiling and that appears to be the only advice to sink in. 5-5-5=15  Some of that score had to be sympathy or something because there is NO way she danced better than Buzz, but she scored higher.

Tuesday night someone is going home. I think Kate should go but won't. Other possibilities, Buzz or maybe Aiden??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shana,
I hope that Kate goes because not only can she not dance, I am just sick of HER. I am so tired of hearing her whine and complain about her wanting her kids, blah blah blah. She choose to do the show knowing what all would come with it and all the time that she would be away, so stop whining already. Plus she is a bi**h in my opinion. If it isn't her way she is going to make your life miserable until you give in to her. I know a lot of people like her because she is a Mom of 8 kids, but it is just the attitude she gives out that turns me off.